You Can't Read MUSIC
- Do you ever have difficulty sight reading rhythm?
- Do you sometimes guess at the rhythm in a piece of music?
- Are you unsure exactly when each note should happen, and for how long?
- Do you lose your place in the music when you sight read?
- Do you feel confused or overwhelmed when you see music with complex or syncopated rhythms?
- Do you dread ( or avoid ) situations where you might have to sight read?
- Do you feel stuck, wishing you could improve your accuracy and speed?
I've been teaching music for over 30 years, and I've helped hundreds of students overcome these same problems.
In fact, trouble with reading rhythm is the Number One Problem that people have with sight reading.
- Maybe they don't really understand rhythm notation.
- Or they don't know how to count the meter and sound out rhythm patterns.
- Or they don't know how to practice in a way that gets results.
- Or they rush the learning process, and try to read music that's too hard, too soon.
- Or they develop bad habits they can't fix (and may not know they have).
- Or they get used to "getting by" on (and making excuses for) their limited skills.
- Or they get side-tracked by negative emotions.
But, in fact, you can practice all day long and still get nowhere, if you go about it in the wrong way.
So, what can you do about it?
Or, if you're a beginner, how can you avoid these problems in the first place?
What you need is a better approach.
What you need is a proven system that's easy to understand and easy to follow, and that helps you build your skills gradually through a step-by-step process.
What you need is someone to show you the right path.
- Thoroughly understand rhythm notation — how to read it, how to play it
- Read rhythm correctly and confidently — no more confusion or embarrassment
- Know where every note belongs, without having to wonder or guess
- Recognize common rhythms at sight — as easily as you recognize these words
- Sound out any rhythm accurately, no matter how unusual or complex
- Keep your place in the music, and never get lost while sight reading
- Make steady, noticeable progress in your reading practice
- Overcome bad habits and blocks
- Be the musician that other musicians want to play with
Well, you CAN — with the right information, the right techniques, and the right practice material.
If you're stuck, let me show you how to move forward.
If you're starting out, let me show you how to avoid the problems and frustrations that other musicians struggle with.
After over 30 years of helping students learn to read rhythm, I know what works and what doesn't.
Let me show you what you need to know, and what you need to do.
My ebook, Reading Rhythm, contains the instruction, the insight, and the practice material I offer my private students, all in one easy-to-use guide.
And now I offer it to you.
What makes Reading Rhythm so special?
It's an instruction manual, a workout program, and a master class — all in one book.
For years, I looked for the perfect rhythm textbook and practice workbook to give my students — and when I couldn't find it, I wrote it myself.
PDF eBook, 106 pages
The exercises start easy and gradually get harder as your skills grow, until you're soon reading complex syncopation, odd time signatures, polyrhythms, and more — with accuracy and confidence.
The process is both simple and fun, and it feels great to finally be in control and know what you're doing.
In-depth Rhythm Theory Instruction
Build Your Skills Step by Step
I show you how to count each pattern, so that you know exactly where every note falls, and where you are, at all times.
A Complete Skill-Building System
KNOW Where Every Note Falls
Reading Rhythm is a unique and valuable reference and practice tool that you'll use again and again to build and maintain your skills.
- Learn useful, little-known tricks and techniques that will help you make immediate improvement in your reading accuracy and speed.
- Learn how to choose the right tempo when you practice, and why it's so important to your success.
- Discover how "playing" rests as "silent notes" can help you keep better time and increase your accuracy.
- Learn how to get the most out of the metronome, and why using it incorrectly can actually make your timing worse.
- Understand how syncopation works, and how to read syncopated rhythms in a way that makes your timing stronger.
- Discover the simple building blocks that make up even the most complex rhythms, and learn to recognize at sight the "words" that make up the "vocabulary" of rhythm.
- Learn a simple but powerful method for counting odd time signatures that helps you feel them in a musical way, so they're more fun and easier to read.
If you order Reading Rhythm today, you'll also get a free copy of my four-page "Practice Tips" guide, filled with dozens of ideas, suggestions, and pro tips for how to make your music practice more fun and productive. Discover how to learn new material more efficiently, the danger of repeating mistakes, how to deal with negative thoughts and emotions, tricks for maximizing your concentration, and more.
“Practice Tips” is a powerful tool for taking your practice to the next level, and it's yours free when you order your copy of Reading Rhythm today.
I guarantee that Reading Rhythm will help you improve your rhythm reading skills dramatically, no matter what your skill level is — beginner, intermediate, or advanced.
I'm so sure of it, I offer it to you risk-free.
If, within 30 days, you don't agree that Reading Rhythm will help you become a better sight reader, you get a full refund — AND you can keep the book (and "Practice Tips," too).
You can't lose.
What readers say...
"THIS is the book I've needed for years. I can finally see what I've been doing wrong, and now I'm making real progress. Thank you!"
— Casey C., Austin TX
"Just doing the exercises every day has improved my sight reading 100%."
— Matthew T., Cape Town, South Africa
- "Wow, your book is great! So clear and thorough. A fantastic resource!"
— Lori M., Berkeley CA
"This isn't just the best book about reading rhythm that I've seen, it's the best book on sight reading, period."
— Troy G., Boston MA
"I teach music, and I use your book with my students. It's made a big difference in their ability to read and understand rhythm."
— Steve L., Anaheim CA
"These exercises are just what I need. My reading is getting much more solid."
— Ray B., St. Paul MN
"You were right, you CAN recognize rhythm patterns like words, and it makes sight reading so much easier. Thank you!"
— Clay H., Nashville TN
"I love it that you show how to count out the rhythms, so I always know where the notes go. I'm not guessing any more."
— Sally K., Reno NV
"I was already pretty good with rhythm, but your book has helped me reach deeper and higher levels of skill and understanding. Much appreciated!"
— Dashawn W., New York City
"You make rhythm make sense!"
— Noriko M., Kyoto, Japan
"I wish I had this book when I began, I would have saved so much trouble. Very glad I have it now!"
— Cesar V., Barcelona, Spain
"I can't thank you enough for your excellent book. Very helpful!"
— Miles N., Liverpool, UK
"This book is the real deal. What a treasure trove of information, advice, and to-the-point exercises. Pure gold!"
— Juan D., Miami FL
"I've just started working with your rhythm book, and already I can see this is going to be an important part of my practice routine."
— Wendy S., Chicago IL
"I had no idea my rhythm needed so much work. This book is totally kicking my butt.. in a good way!"
— Gary L., Portland OR
"Your book is the ultimate diagnostic tool AND the ultimate cure."
— Jan K., Berlin, Germany
— Pat L., Victoria, BC
"Your book is superb! My sight reading is already improving."
— Willem B., Brussels, Belgium
You can start getting better NOW... you can leave behind the guesswork and confusion NOW... and if you're a beginner, you can get on the right path NOW, and avoid the rhythm problems that other people struggle with.
Get your copy NOW, and start developing the rhythm skills you need to become the best sight reader you can be.